Saturday, June 11, 2011

I have been absent to my blog.
I have been absent for a while.
I am back now, through the grace of God.
I am currently trying to focus on what is truly important in my life.
One of the things that I want to begin to hold on the top of my list of priorities is my writing and reading.
I want to continually write and try to improve my writing over the course of the summer.
I think it is essential to my progression as a writer. I intend on writing in my journal and here, on my blog, also possibly maybe, on napkins, envelopes and on my computer notepad. lol
I want to read a few different books that I have been wanting to get my hands on for a while now.
In no particular order:
The Art of War
100 years of Solitude (and more by this author)
Borderlands
The Notes of The Underground
some of the poets and writers from the Lost Generation
The Great Gatsby
The Sun Also Rises
On the Road
The Kama Sutra
some of Rumi's works
La Raza Cosmica
more stuff by Edward Said...
and that's the list for now.
I've probably left some other major ones out, but those are the ones off the top of my head.
I really want to focus on the important things in my life.
The only thing that alcohol has done for me since I was 17 years old has been to lessen my judgment on situations and sense of logic, kept me in bed for hours with headaches, more calories, wasted time, some regrets.
I want to focus on something higher than where I have been.
I feel like I am actually letting this change happen, this metamorphosis, and I'm excited.
In regards to a "relationship" well of course, what I forecast would happen did happen. But, I'm not as hurt as I thought I would be.
I would do it again, because I came out of the situation very much enlightened, with my help and actually some of his. And for that I am extremely happy and grateful.
I also need to get a job within the next week. Godwillingly, somewhere fun for me and also good for my career/future.

Until later,

Madam @ Blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment