Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Loyalty.
I've been thinking a lot about it lately.
What is it really? Yes, meaning that you stand by someone, but to what degree? To what extend? This is something that I am currently trying to weigh out. Some, are a no-brainer, yes. Like for instance: when you promise someone exclusivity and then you sleep with another person and don't tell. Easy right? That's disloyalty.
Now, how about something a little more complex? You and a friend decide on two places that you really want to go in the city, and have not been able to in a long time. You get caught up because of family issues and your friend still goes... with all your other friends.
Now, mind you, this is my best friend, and I have her back on almost everything. I say almost because some situations she gets herself involved in, I cannot have her back on.
To top it off, the previous day she had decided she did not want to go because she was sad about an old friend passing. I understood. No questions asked. This situation may not seem like much, but my feeling were hurt that they went without me and did not even question to see if I was available yet.
Bottom line, this past events have me questioning loyalty. I know that I am loyal. I will be there for those I care about as much as possible. I would miss work, school and deadlines if my friends were in dire need. I would also be there just if they needed an ear.
Is it so much to ask for the same thing in return?
I really don't think so.
A friend told me not to let it hurt me so much. But I cannot help it. I don't like let people slack on the expectations I have for them... because I hold myself to those same expectations.
I don't know. I might be being a little bit dramatic or sensitive with my best friend.
However, loyalty is something that I do not take lightly.
So, here's to not being so hard on others that do not share the same sense of loyalty as me.
And here's to questioning others motives and to what degree of loyalty they are going to have for me. I wonder of their answer (if it is honest) will affect how loyal I am to them....
I'll come back with some answers later....
I hate revising or editng. Sorry, I'm being extra lazy today.

Madam@Blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment