Monday, May 3, 2010

This "Intervention" show breaks my heart.
"You turned to the things that killed your blood, your family."
it really breaks my heart.
It hurts to see the people and the families affected by the people that are addicted to these drugs.
This couple already lost two kids before either one turned 30.
Their last child is doing all the drugs that killed his brother and sister.
And you can see how it kills them (his parents) every day.
Mentally. Spiritually. Emotionally. and I'm sure physically.
It must be horrible to tell your own children that you can't believe them because they're always lieing too much, or having to hide your valuables, or knowing they have to constantly check them for markings and make sure they didn't kill themselves.
I'm sure it hurts to be the one addicted. (and I can only imagine)
But can you imagine being the parent to that child?
Whatever their age.
I can only imagine. How it must hurt, because you want to fight your child's battles and hold them and take care of them and not let anything hurt them.
Especially themselves.
But you can't.
The best kind of love in situations like that is just the opposite.
You gotta give that tough love, show them responsibility, show them love yes, but show them they have to be strong.
Because that's the only way they are going to survive and persevere...
is by becoming stronger and making them realize that they really can solve their own problems.
And things do get better. And yes, even they can do this.
...
I think I just realized that I want to work in a rehab at some point in my life...
like seriously.
Good night Blogspot.
You a good friend.
-Madam @ Blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment