Friday, January 14, 2011

I told myself that I am on strike from dating or even really getting to know a guy, past being a friend, at least for the rest of this semester. At first I thought I would be lonely or it would be hard for me. However, the more I throw myself into my studies and school work and try to develop good friendships, I find myself noticing the fact less and less. It's not that I am going to turn my back on a good guy. I won't try to, but I am definitely not going to waste my time or energy on someone who is disrespectful, dishonest, or insecure. I know that I work too hard in order not to possess these qualities to subject myself to someone who does. On that note, I am not perfect; I know that and am willing to admit it. I can be pretentious at times and self indulgent go figure. haha But I really intend to keep to word on this one. The people that matter the most in my life are: my family, my close friends, mostly female, old friends who are like fam, my students, and my professors and mentors. These are all people that I am willing to put work in for, for different reasons, but all of the reasons being valid and sound. I wouldn't have it any other way. This is not a choice out of bitterness; on the contrary, it comes from a good and progressive place within me. So this is my prayer, that I do not talk to any male unless he has a soul and intentions as good as mine.

Madam@Blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment