Thursday, February 3, 2011

I have really been enjoying my class, Literature and Art of the Great Depression. We read about 90-100 pages a night and then discuss what we read. It is a seminar based class, so most of your learning comes from discussion with classmates and the professor. I really like that we can all discuss our thoughts and get into some deep convos about the text. It isn't all Power Point presentations and lecture from the professor. It's varying perspectives and analysis' of the readings thatis guided by our teacher. I like it a lot. I haven't really sat and enjoyed reading this much in a looooong time. It is very fulfilling and refreshing. I feel like I am really going to learn a lot in this class, by not only improving my critical thinking but also flirting with differnt view points, constantly. As far as my other classes, Prayer and Spirituality is going well. I repsect the teacher and her mission. I think I will gather more from her as a person than I will from the class. I do like that this class gets students thinking about spiritualty, in our American culture we are often cultivated to shy away from any type of conversation on spiritually or religion or learning about our inner self. This class brings about these types of convos daily. This makes me happy because spiritally and a good, strong connection between a person and God is very important to me. It makes a person more whole. Well, enough of my ranting. I must go. Sorry, no time to edit or revise. Please forgive me. :)

Madam @ Blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment