Sunday, February 20, 2011

This past week was utterly amazing. Let me begin with a disclaimer, this is not one of those, "My Life is So Amazing and Better than Yours... blah blah blah" posts. Haha. No, this is more like, "I Am So Blessed to have These Amazing People and Experiences In My Life" posts. lol
I had such a busy and PRODUCTIVE week last week, in the way of school AND work. And thoroughly enjoyed both. I got a lot done and stayed awake into the wee hours of the morning writing, reading, critiquing, researching, and designing. It felt good. I got to spend family time and time with great friends. I really love the good people I have surrounded myself with.
This past weekend was great too. I got in much needed sleep on Friday night and woke in the morning to good music and my best friend throwing the invite to SA's new outdoor Flea Market (I HATE that it's called a FLEA market. haha) I spent time with her and her mom. I love spending time with other people and their family. I think it's because I like to see them spend time together (lame, I know. haha) Then, our friend Eva came over and we had a girl's night with NO booze. Crazy? I know right. haha We played pool and had girl talk and it was really... nice. Like a sigh of relief or something.
Then today, I went with a friend of mine, whom I know enjoys art as much as I do, to a local art tour here in town called "On and Off Fred" It was really neat. It's one of those tours that take up like 2 days though. lol We got to visit a few though. I like walking in and out of the studios, all with such different vibes, different people, different cultures. But all of them creating. It was refreshing and not the usual scene. I enjoy my peers and being young and acting dumb, silly and tipsy. But, I will ALWAYS love progression, good vibes, real people doing real shit and those that are constantly creating and producing. They'll always have mad respect from me. So yeah, obviously, I had a nice time and I'm glad I got to spend it with a friend that has such an open ,ind to art. I hate being with snobs that are really good at art, they ALWAYS have TOO MUCH of an opinion. haha They can't just take it in...
I ended the weekend with spending the evening with other great friends in commemoration of a friend, Marcus' birthday, my friend Eva's old best friend and boyfriend, that past away. We went to eat and be together, in his honor. I was not very close to him. But I could tell that he had a good soul. He was a good young man. I'm glad that we still get together to celebrate his life. I'll end this post with a memory: One late night, after leaving a party, I was standing in the street with my ex (Nick), my friend Maria, Lauren and Marcus. We were talking about New York and traveling and then for some reason we all looked into the night's sky at the same time. At that very moment we saw a shooting star. We got excited and asked the other if they had seen it too. We jumped up, laughed and did high fives all around. It was cool, just to experience something like that. Something cosmic and celestial. It was a beautiful feeling. At that moment I felt my youth and the good vibes that were transferred between all of us. I know Marcus was a good young man and I'm glad that my friend Eva was able to share time with him during her lifetime.
Rest In Peace Marcus and look over Eva, if you may... You'll always be remembered. :)

Madam @ Blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment