Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The other day I was driving in the car with my baby.
The sun was going down and we had the music turned all the way up!!
(Something we don't usually do unless it's the weekend...)
And as we were bobbin' around and singing along to the song and rollin' round corners
I looked out at the leaves and the thin limbs of the trees blowing in and out of the breeze
and I noticed the beautiful orange red sky in the background peeking its head out for the last couple of minutes.
We pulled up into the driveway and Nick paused, with the endless trail of smoke curling from his mouth while he enjoyed the moment with me.
I grabbed my purple zebra print rag and thought about it for a moment and then threw it over his dipstick. haha
As soon as I did that it's liked something in me clicked.
You know when you get that moment of realization and it feels as though your whole body flies backwards and you're able to look at the situation from, literally, a bigger picture?
Well that's what happened.
I was like, "Ohmygod, this is how my ancestors felt probably... taking that rag, that piece of fabric and just laying it in that one spot.
And thinking...
BAM!
This is MY spot. THIS is me.
And nobody better ever try and claim it over me. Cuz it's mine."
hah.
Only, Nick is not an IT.
lol
But you know what I mean, that I would like to put in work.
That I would like to call him mine again.
To reclaim my spot, be proud of it and protect it.
I love feeling that sense of my inner warrior come out in me.
Even if it's just for a split second like that.
It makes me feel like I am a human being again. I am a humbled human being. A natural creature of the Earth.
And my ancestors are me and I am them.
...Even if it's just for a split second like that....



-Madam @ Blogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment