Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dear God,

We are going to celebrate the resurrection of your son tomorrow, this is the most important reason for celebrating Easter. Thank you for always believing in me, even at the times that I am the weakest, and cannot believe in myself. You will always be my main man. I love you. Thank you.

Keeping in my mind the fact that I am always trying to observe my surroundings and the people that I am either directly or indirectly affected by, I have decided a few things... and I KNOW that we cannot control everything... but... it is MY PRAYER, that if I ever get married or have a child with a man before I am married (which I REALLY hope I do not) I hope that me AND that man try everything in our power to try and work out our relationship. Not just one of us, but both.
I have lived in a broken family and have had nothing but women/mothers be the constant amongst my family and group of friends. For my mom, it was her dad that held it down. And nowadays, it is commonplace to call the father the "babydaddy" and the mother the "baby mama" and it is far too often that the mothers are usually associated with giving that "drama" and the fathers being "deadbeats". And yes, these could both be a possibility in some cases, but I do not want to conform to these practices, no matter how much of a social norm they have or will become.

If I ever decide to take the "plunge" I want to know that I will be creating a family, even if it is just me and my husband. I am willing to put in work. And it is my prayer that if I ever do find a man that I would be willing to consider a husband, that that is what he will be. And what he will remain. Because I promise I will. Some may call me old fashion or unrealistic, but this my prayer.

Even if it's a prayer for the far away future...

Love you God,

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment